Wednesday, July 16, 2008

balsamic berry chicken

This has way more to do with the sauce than it does the chicken.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Grill the chicken or saute it. Remember, we're trying to get to the sauce. If you saute the bird, remove it from the saute pan and set aside. If you grill it, you can start the sauce while the chicken is on the grill. Add
8 oz raspberry fruit spread
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 small finely diced onion
Cook over pretty high heat until it begins to bubble; lower the heat and let the sauce reduce by about half. You can either add the chicken to the skillet to coat, or plate them and pour the sauce over the top.

Note: I found a good deal on fresh raspberries at the grocery store and covered a pint of raspberries with water and added about 3 tablespoons of honey and let it simmer until the berries fell apart. Then I added the balsamic vinegar and finished the sauce.

Peace,
Milton

2 Comments:

sozzled said...

oh my. raspberries are ripe in my yard right now. and I love balsamic vinegar beyond all reason. thanks for the recipe!

LutheranChik said...

This sounds great.

BTW, my blogfriends have inspired me to spin off my own food blog too...mine's over at http://midmifoodie.blogspot.com.