Wednesday, August 29, 2012

elvis has left the building cookies

Ginger and I are heading out of town for a couple of weeks, which means I will be gone for a couple of weeks from my job at the computer store, which means I won’t be taking in cookies for a while. These circumstances inspired my recipe for today, which I can my “Elvis Has Left the Building Cookies,” or peanut butter-banana-chocolate chip treats.

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 banana, mashed
2 eggs
Cream the butters, banana, and sugar together in an electric mixer. As I have said before, I usually let it run five to seven minutes. Then add the eggs and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, mix together
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine well and then gradually add to the butter-sugar mixture in the electric mixer until everything is incorporated. Then add
1 12 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (generous cup) dried banana chips
And mix it all together. Use a one ounce scoop to drop the cookies on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake in a 375 oven for 12-14 minutes.

Makes 5 dozen. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Peace,
Milton

0 Comments: